Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield,
Ben & Jerry's homemade ice cream & dessert book
Workman, 1987, ISBN 0-89480-312-3
The book begins with a short history of Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream.
It moves on to a brief discussion of the theory behind making ice
cream. The bulk of the book, however, is devoted to ice cream
recipes. The recipes are divided into the following chapters:
- Greatest Hits -- Their "best of". I recommend the Raspberry
- Chocolate -- Try the Chocolate Banana and the Chocolate Peanut
Butter. Avoid the Mandarin Orange
- Fruit Flavors -- Go for the Strawberry.
- Downtown Flavors -- Maple Walnut is my favorite from this
- Cookies and Candies -- Mix-in ice cream recipes.
- Cookies and Candies -- Recipes for brownies and other
ice cream accompaniments/mix-ins.
- Sundaes and Concoctions
In my opinion, this is the best book for recipes.
Lots of good ones here (and a few not-so-good ones).
Try the Chocolate Banana and the Maple Walnut.
The early history of the company is entertaining, too.