CS488 - Spring 2007 - A5 - Objectives
Typical Objectives from Past Terms for OpenGL projects
These are objectives from projects doing games and/or animations. a. to e.
indicate different projects. Objectives under the same number would be
mutually exclusive. These objectives are telegraphic and incomplete. Every
one needs an explanation of how it enhances your project.
- a. Cloth model using masses and springs.
- a. Effects of wind on the cloth model.
- a. Add texture to the cloth.
b. Texture mapping onto the map.
c. Texture mapping for stones and rink
d. Texture mapping onto robots
e. Texture mapping onto airplanes
- a. Make cloth transparent.
- a. Gaussian lighting model to make cloth look smooth.
- a. Collision detection of cloth with static objects.
b. Collision detection in character motions.
c. Static collision detection
d. Collision detection with rocks.
e. Collision detection for airplanes and bullets.
- a. Response of cloth to collision with static objects.
- a. Collision detection with moving objects.
b. Collision detection applies to bullets.
- a. Response of cloth to collision with moving objects.
- a. Smooth animation of cloth in response to wind and collisions.
b. Chacters are animated
- b. Unexplored parts of the map hidden
- b. L-system trees.
c. L-system trees
d. L-system plants
e. L-system trees
- b. AI for alien characters
c. AI for computer player
- b. Particle systems for bullets
c. Particle system for falling snow
d. Particle system for fire or waterfall
e. Particle system for explosions
- b. Shadow volumes
c. Projective shadows
d. Correct shadows
- b. UI
- c. Terrain uses height map
- c. Sounds appropriate to events in game.
d. Ambient sound
e. Sound in the game
- c. Perlin noise in clouds
- d. Model loaded and saved
- d. Bezier curve terrain
- d. Bump mapping on one object.
- e. Plane modelling
- e. Anti-aliasing
- e. Fog effects within clouds
Objectives from Previous Terms for Extended Ray Tracers
The organization of this list is as above. These objectives are, on
average, more ambitious than the OpenGL ones above.
- a. Bounding volumes
b. Hierarchical bounding boxes
- a. Procedural textures
- a. Procedural bump maps
c. Bump mapping with image textures
- a. Torus primitive
b. Cone cylinder and torus primitives
- a. Cone, cylinder and vertex-normal mesh prinitives
- a. Blinn-Phong lighting, Phong shading on meshes
- a. Texturable CSG objects
c. CSG modelling using a CDG tree
- c. Surface textures
- a. Reflections and fuzzy reflections
b. Distributed ray tracing for fuzzy reflection
- a. Photon maps
- a. Final scene is ...
b. Final scene is ...
c. Final scene is ...
- b. Refraction and Fresnel reflection
- b. Efficient Perlin noise
c. 3D texture mapping using Perlin noise
- b. Shader trees
- b. Subdision surface modelling
- b. Procedurally generated rocks
- b. L-system plants
- b. Area lights and depth of field.
c. Area lights
- c. Anti-aliasing by stochastic sampling
- c. Fish-eye projection.