cs492 - Spring 2017
Societal Implications with Computer Science
Described in excruciating detail here.
Bill Cowan, [wW][mM][cC][oO][wW][aA][nN]@cgl.uwaterloo.ca, DC2111,
- Marta Kryven, mkryven -at- uwaterloo.ca
- Carolyn Lamb, c2lamb -at- uwaterloo.ca
Location and Times of Lectures
- 13.30-14.20: Monday, Wednesday, Friday.
- Monday, 1 May, 2017 - First lecture
- Friday, 12 May, 2017 - Last day to add a course.
- Friday, 19 May, 2017 - Last day to drop a course without penalty.
- Monday, 22 May, 2017 - No class, Victoria Day
- Tuesday, 23 May, 2017 - Class to fill in for Victoria Day
- Monday, 3 July, 2017 - No class, Canada Day.
- Monday, 24 July, 2017 - Last day of classes.
The weekly rhythm of this course is simple.
- Monday: RPE from the previous week.
- Wednesday: discussion for the Wednesday group.
- Friday: discussion for the Friday group.
Explanation of how the discussions and RPEs are structured may be found here.
Readings Longer readings, mostly
books, that treat course material in more detail. I will continue
to add to it as the course goes on.
- 35% Class participation.
- 35% RPEs.
- 30% Assignments.